Methodology for Selecting Accounts on Twitter
One of my greatest interest is to see and explore the development of social media in Latin America. Twitter is not the exception. The criteria I use was based first to find out if they were also using other social media tools or only Twitter. This was important because even though Twitter is an important tool with out the other social media tools it will be difficult for a complete conversation. For example Jumbo exchanges recipes, but Twitter is not the platform to post the entire recipe, therefore a blog or a tool like Facebook are needed.
1. Use of other social media to complement Twitter.
2. First to use Twitter in their areas and countries.
3. Using Twitter as a conversation and not marketing only, in the case of newspapers and radio, they provide headlines to any news, but all their news have blogs/comment section for the audience to comment or asks questions.
4. They have to be housed in Latin America or their main audience is the Latino community.
5. Be currently active in Twitter.
6. Be well recognized in their area of business (have years of experience in the business area)